Wednesday, September 19, 2018

SOG Multitool


I was lucky enough to get the SOG Multitool (S66N-CP) for Father's Day earlier this year and have been putting it through it's paces.  It has not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed was how massive it was compared to other multitools like my Gerber.  It's not like twice the size or anything, but noticeably bigger.  I actually like that because it seems to fit in my hand better.  Those of you with small hands might want to try one out in person before purchasing.

It comes with a nylon sheath that has a belt clip, but would be nice if it had some kind of hardware for mounting to Molle also, or instead of.  It feels like the beltclip could come off any second, although it hasn't happened to me yet.

The tools in the SOG are pretty run of the mill, but one I haven't seen much is the strap cutter.  Another nice feature is the ability to lock both the knife blade and saw blade in the deployed or non-deployed state.  You can also deploy both blades with one hand, similar to assisted opening knives.

And of course there are the power assist jaws of the pliers.  I haven't compared the strength of the pliers vs. any other multitool pliers, but when I needed them, they worked well.

This is a tough sucker and I haven't used it necessarily according to how it was meant to be used (some light hammering maybe), but it's stood up to the abuse I've given.

Very happy with this tool and plan to keep it with me on all future outdoor adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment